Wednesday 20 February 2013

A hypocrite's confession


The author of this is the world’s biggest hypocrite and is the best person to write on the topic.

Thefreedictionary.com defines hypocrisy as “the condition of a person pretending to be something he is not, especially in the area of morals or religion; a false presentation of belief or feeling. — hypocrite, n. — hypocritic, hypocritical, adj.”

Have you seen a hypocrite? You may have. He is like any normal person. Like you or me or any other person you see on the road. Basically, he is me. I am a hypocrite.



But why am I a hypocrite? There can be many reasons. One would be I am what I am, but I don’t want to project that. So I say that and do the opposite. I might be a man of “ideals” but don’t follow those ideals.

I am like the politicians you see on the Telly. I’m against liquor consumption. I might not consume liquor myself, but when my friends do so, I do not stop them. But I still party with them. I’m up there for women’s rights but when it comes to my own relationship, I’m still a male chauvinist.  I fight with my girlfriend for just talking to a guy and I end up doing worse things.



So why am I a hypocrite? One reason why I would say I am is because I don’t want my friends to be like me. When I see a reflection of me in them I find it terrifying. I find that they are slowly becoming like me or worse, worse than me. Example would be a male friend of mine. If he gets somebody else’s mobile in his hand, his first action would be to read their inbox. I scold him for doing so, asking him to respect that person’s privacy. But then he finds me doing the same, and asks how come I am doing the same. My only answer is “I can do whatever I want”. In reality, I can’t agree to the fact I am like that.



Another reason would be that everyone sees only the mask I’m wearing over the real me. I wouldn’t want to anyone to know the kind of person I am. I may be very decent in front of you, acting all respectable and nice, but on the inside I’m a pervert and an arrogant guy who you can hate before you can say “he is a hypocrite”.

But am I the only hypocrite in the world? I may be the biggest, but I am not the only one. Everyone wears a mask of deception and hypocrisy. No one is perfect, but I am the most imperfect of them all.

I am a hypocrite and I’m not proud of it

Oh! Time’s up. It’s time for my hypocritical activities.

AJAY CHANDRAN

No comments:

Post a Comment